Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Next step, new blog!

Next step in life...time for a new blog!

Two weeks ago at this time I was still preparing my last minute trip to Madrid to attend an interview for Air Asia Indonesia. A last minute decision I made after receiving the email less than 24h before the time to be in Madrid. Some people called me crazy to spend so much time money and effort just on a job interview...but for me...it was the best decision I made in my life!

Because only a week later I got news informing me that the assessment was successful and I could start my typerating on Airbus A320 to fly for Air Asia Indonesia. The starting date would even be in the next few weeks.

Today I received the starting date, May 14th 2012. So I still have a little less than 3 weeks to get my affairs in order and to see some people I don't often see. I finish with a skill test on June 19th and after that the next step will be base training. The timing on that will be given to us during the typerating.

The TR will take place at the CAE centre in Madrid,Spain. Luckily I will not be alone during all of this. I will get some company from my two good friend Ivo and Yannick. Ivo was a classmate of mine and in the States we were roommates, we did the MCC course together and have become good friends ever since. Yannick was already a good friend since my days in Ostend. He joined SFA a few classes before me and was until now searching for a job as a pilot. I find it quite nice that he waited to join me in this adventure!

So this is the status until now, I know the timeframe of the typerating and the location. Already a lot of paperwork has been done and is forwarded to Madrid. Just a matter of preparing us for the paperwork to come in our career as a pilot!
I have already been to the bank for an extra loan to pay for this self sponsored typerating but I am expecting a definitive answer about the numbers somewhere tomorrow. Once that is approved there is only one thing left to do...enjoy my time left in Belgium with all my friends, family and rice-free, belgian beer filled delights.

This is about it to start with, I will keep posting now and then if time permits to keep you guys up to date. I am going to post double, one in English and one in Dutch, for the people back home. Not everybody speaks English in the family and not everybody I know understands Dutch. I know...I'm way to good for this world ^^

Till next time, probably from Madrid!


No comments:

Post a Comment